Editing Software Decision

For this project, filming has not yet begun. Many factors have come into play that have prevented filming. For me this includes doing after school activities that are very time consuming. Some of these activities being marching and concert band. In my spare time though, I have messed around with some editing software. These would include Lightworks, Videopad, Widows Video Editor, and iMovie. In the past, I have used iMovie to edit projects, but I wanted to make sure that it was the best software I could be using. Windows Video Editor seemed like a good place to start messing around with. I’ve been comfortable using Window’ other software like Word and PowerPoint. Sadly, the device I used to edit with this is slow which made it difficult to get work done efficiently. Next, I checked out Lightworks. I’ve never worked with this before and I wanted to test it out. Overall, because of my unfamiliarity, it made it hard to navigate and I believe it would not benefit the project to use this software. Videopad was nice to work with collectively. The controls were easy to understand. Even though I have never worked with this before, it was simple enough. On the down side, it didn’t offer as many options as other software I’ve used in the past the simplicity of it also made it a bad decision to use. Taking all of this into account, iMovie seems to be the best option. I’m familiar with it which I don’t have with the other software. It also offers the most editing options that I know how to use. This is also offered on the device I mainly use to do projects like this one. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Title Design

Movie Convention Research: Five Feet Apart

Other Information